The following key general principles underlie the work and the position of the Scientific Alliance.
The Scientific Alliance:
- Supports a rational and informed environmental debate
- Supports the need for appropriate and targeted environmental protection
- Believes that environmental policy must be based on scientific evidence
- Will work to ensure that environmental policies are designed to achieve tangible and significant environmental benefits
- Aims to ensure that proposed environmental policy is based on actual environmental damage, not speculation